Family-Owned Funeral Home Near Basking Ridge, NJ
Madison Memorial Home is an independent, family-owned funeral home serving the Madison, NJ area since 1948. For over 70 years, we have been dedicated to serving the families of Madison and its surrounding towns, including Basking Ridge in Bernards Township, NJ.
The professionals at Madison Memorial Home will guide you through a difficult time with compassion, dignity, and respect. Our funeral directors and staff have unparalleled experience in working with families from all walks of life. Our family and staff of dedicated professionals are local and available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including holidays.
Basking Ridge Funeral Home Services
Celebrating the life of a loved one and gathering with friends and family gives everyone the opportunity to share memories, express emotions, and find comforting support. Whether you decide to choose a burial or cremation, funeral service, or a formal or more relaxed memorial service, we can help you create a unique and meaningful ceremony to celebrate and express the genuine individuality of your loved one. Madison Memorial Home offers a beautiful setting to honor your loved one. We are able to accommodate the needs of our customers and whatever experience they may want.
Burial & Entombment
There are many things to consider when deciding whether to bury a recently-deceased loved one or when selecting burial during funeral pre-planning. An important decision that will be necessary to make involves choosing both the cemetery and the specific place of burial within its grounds (burial & entombment). Following that, you will need to select a casket and possibly a burial vault, as many cemeteries in our area require their use. Lastly, although this decision does not have to take place right away, the decision becomes one of selecting the headstone or marker and writing the description.
Cremation refers to how you and your family choose to deal with the physical remains of your loved one. In no way does your decision limit the ways you can honor the life of your loved one.
The types of cremation services we offer are as follows:
- Traditional Funeral Services Followed by Cremation: Before the cremation, the family may choose to have a visitation and funeral service with the body of their loved one present. The funeral service may be at the family’s church or the funeral home. We will give you an in-depth explanation of the different services and merchandise options available.
- Limited Funeral Services Followed by Cremation: Families may plan condensed services where the visitation is for an hour or two prior to the funeral service. Such limited services usually take place within the same day and may occur at the funeral home or church.
- Immediate or Direct Cremation: For families that select immediate cremation with no viewing or service, staff from Madison Memorial Home will transfer your loved one from the place of death into our care, perform the necessary sanitary care required for a private family identification, provide dignified transport to and from the crematory, coordinate the necessary legal and medical documents for the cremation, and return the cremated remains to the authorized next of kin. We can also assist the family in planning a memorial service, selecting an urn, and arranging for the final disposition of the cremated remains.
Veterans Funeral Services
We honor and respect all veterans for their service. All honorably discharged Veterans are entitled to a US flag and military honors. Veterans may be entitled to a complimentary burial space in selected cemeteries, and also may qualify for a bronze Veteran’s memorial provided by the Veterans Administration.
We give you the option to choose from sculpted memorials, upright monuments, granite markers, and many other styles. We offer complete service in selecting a monument or cemetery marker. We will take the time with you and your family to offer personalized design consultation, sketches, and we will deliver and set the completed monument in all area cemeteries.
Pre-Planning Information For Basking Ridge Residents
The death of a loved one can be unexpected, and some people wish to pre-plan their funeral so that their loved ones are not burdened with that responsibility. It can also ensure that your funeral is carried out the way you would want it to be. Taking the time now to pre-plan your funeral is one less task your loved ones will need to worry about once you have passed. Many individuals that have experienced the emotional strain of arranging a funeral within hours of losing a loved one might choose to pre plan their own funeral. You are able to make many decisions in advance, such as:
- Deciding on a burial or cremation
- Selecting your casket or urn type
- Pick what type of service you want
- Choose the person you would like to officiate the service
- Choose the location of the service
- Select the burial garments
- Select any photographs you would like to be used
If you are a veteran, you will also need to include:
- Military service
- Branch rank
- Date of enlistment
- Date of discharge
- Name of war/conflicts toured
- Discharge papers
Upon request, a list of local synagogues, churches (of various denominations), restaurants, florists, hotels, cemeteries and charities can be provided to help with planning or pre-planning needs
You will also have the option to pre-pay. This can reduce financial stress and the burdens brought on by funeral expenses. Madison Memorial Home is a member of Choices - New Jersey Prepaid Funeral Trust Fund, which is the largest fund of its kind in New Jersey, and one of the safest and best resources to place prepaid funeral funds. We also have the ability to create payment plans that suit your needs, such as a monthly payment plan. This can also protect you and your family from inflation.
Bereavement Counseling and Support
The feeling of grief after the loss of a friend or family member can seem overwhelming, but you do not need to face it alone. With our extensive grief and coping resources, you can learn more about what you are feeling with articles written by Dr. Bill Webster, our Director of Grief Education.
In addition to this comprehensive library, we offer a grief support group at our location, and can provide information for several grief therapists, should the need arise.
We understand the pain that comes with loss, and we are ready to walk with you every step of the way.
Contact Us About Our Basking Ridge Funeral Home Services
At Madison Memorial Home, we are dedicated to providing compassionate care and exemplary service. Our mission is to help you honor your loved one in a meaningful and special way, offering thoughtful guidance and personal attention to every detail.
If you live in Basking Ridge and are interested in seeing photos of our facility, getting to know our staff, finding where we are located, or are looking for other useful information, please browse our site or contact us today for more information.